Portal News Bookshelf Forum Marketplace
        Forum @ Flutes.tk     Recommend Flutes.tk    

Forum » General » Piccolo
Author: Mieke Date: 2003-11-10 09:34:34
I want to buy a piccolo. Which one is most suitable for use in a band?

Replies
Author:piccolomle Date: 2003-11-30 19:31:37
For band, especially marching band, the piccolo should be heard, so I would suggest a metal piccolo. As for what brand, thats really for you to decide which is best.
Author: Date: 2004-04-01 20:15:39
I just started playing picc 8 weeks ago and I love it! I play a good, wooden picc but know I will have to get another one for outdoor concerts this summer. I am looking for GREAT intonation, projection, and ease in getting the high notes out. Any recommendations? I am willing to look at instruments that are not cheap if it will help me play to the best of my ability. I am 57. Thank you.
Author:Piccolo Date: 2004-06-26 18:28:53
I've used a metal piccolo for years. Because I had some very high notes in the sheet music of my orchestra I decided to switch to a wooden piccolo. If you use the piccolo in a marching band then you should use a metal piccolo, otherwise use a wooden piccolo. Wooden piccolos are less loud then metal ones.
Author:a female deer Date: 2005-04-10 01:05:13
i like to be heard so it is my metal picc asta all they way for me.
Author:joseph Date: 2005-11-14 06:46:00
I get the same amount of volume out of either a metal or wood piccolo. However, I get a much better sound out of a wooden one. Metal pics are not louder, just more shrill, with no body to the sound. I do play a metal one in marching band, but only because my grenadilla pic is to suseptable to damage from being played outdoors.

Your Name*:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Reply*:

Code:

Contact us Terms Of Use

© 2003-2009 LEONÉ MusicReader B.V.