Portal News Bookshelf Forum Marketplace
        Forum @ Flutes.tk     Recommend Flutes.tk    

Forum » General » Vibrato
Author: anonymous Date: 2003-10-25 11:51:43
How do you play a vibrato and how do you make it sound consistent?

Replies
Author:Tibicina Date: 2004-06-09 01:55:28
Wish I knew! Trust me, I would tell you if I did!
Author:Marco Date: 2004-11-26 12:48:48
The book "The Flute Book"of Nancy Toff has a whole chapter about vibrato, perhaps your should read this chapter. The book is listed in the bookshelf of Flutes.tk.
Author:david Date: 2004-12-12 23:32:27
That's teh wavering sound right?

When told about it I just did it. It's easiest of mid high notes, like B octave up - play a clear note continually then try and make it waver slightly, perhaps by altering your breath.

I can't pinpoint it exactly - but altering the force which you blow with certainly makes a difference.

I never learnt though, just picked it up - perhaps there is a textbook way!
Author:s Date: 2005-01-09 00:19:28
Vibrato should be natural, and never forced. Some composers do specify that they want no vibrato. This is true in new or contemporary music, and it is important that a flute player should be able to 'switch off' their vibrato. Something to bear in mind when practicing tone exercises!
Author:Dunja Date: 2005-07-30 10:54:57
for vibrato you have to play flute at least 4-5 years...so...you cannot be beginner for vibrato! first...you have to be very concentrated with your breath...and you have to take deep breath from the stomach...then relax neck and mouth...and very kindly start to push your stomach with your stomach muscles...that's my way of vibrato...and i'm pretty good at that
Author:Dunja Date: 2005-07-30 10:55:27
for vibrato you have to play flute at least 4-5 years...so...you cannot be beginner for vibrato! first...you have to be very concentrated with your breath...and you have to take deep breath from the stomach...then relax neck and mouth...and very kindly start to push your stomach with your stomach muscles...that's my way of vibrato...and i'm pretty good at that
Author:joseph Date: 2005-11-14 06:42:38
Vibrato is another aspect of technique that can be practiced in the same methodical way as any other aspect of technique. Just use a metronome and start with 2 or 3 pulses per beat at a low tempo marking like 50. Then just continue to increase the speed . . .it will come/
Author:Maggie Date: 2006-09-08 19:22:55
This may sound a bit daft but its a bit like panting like a dog. I think that is how my flute teacher described it.

Your Name*:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Reply*:

Code:

Contact us Terms Of Use

© 2003-2009 LEONÉ MusicReader B.V.